Friday, February 10, 2006

Birdie Update

Lucy,
What's really great about this week is that fact that you started asking to go for walks. The sun is finally out, and I think this has helped. What's not so cool is when you cry because we don't go down to "Z-z's" house. You really want to see her, but also, you are into her cat, Elbow. As I am unofficially trying to wean you from your daytime feedings, you scream when I don't nurse you for comfort. You'll get the hang of it.
Another cool thing is that I can talk to you and you understand. Aaaand, when you don't like what I'm saying, you say "nooo!". This is funny, but only the first 20 times. But you are still cute and your dimples rock.
You are trying out walking more and more. Today you walked to Z-z's dad and gave him a kiss. . And you say "kiss" too, so sweet.
Finally, last night at bedtime, you said "potty" as we were going into the bathroom for your steam breathing. We sat you down on your Swedish potty chair and you went pee! It was awesome and if the rest of potty training is this easy...then you can have all the (wheat/dairy free) cookies you want! (Wait, is that a good idea?)
Thanks for such a lovely Friday --
Love,
Mom


3 comments:

marlynn said...

What a very sweet letter! Love your blog. Found you through urbanMamas :)

kontan said...

how sweet!

found you at posthipchick. I'm a teacher with two young girls (9 and 5) and just finished a three year grad program in two years. it can be done!!!!

Bridgermama said...

Such a warm, fuzzy post! I love your blog, your daughter will treasure it. I need to get my act together and do some thing like this for my little guy. My current blog is a bit too racey, I plan on starting a G-rated one soon. Thanks for the neat idea!