Things you've said this week:
1. "Weren't you paying attention?! Do you even know what's going on?" (Said while discussing the Sprout show Angelina Ballerina. Apparently I didn't "get" the plot.)
2. "You're a SHAMELESS mom!" (Spoken in harsh tones--but delivered with a smile--to me because I was teasing Dad while climbing the stairs to bed.
3. You have this way of telling us how far you want us to leave your pocket-style bedroom door open at night. "Leave it a little bit lower" has, until this week, been your way of saying you just want a sliver of light coming through. This week, "I want it a little backer" is your new way of communicating you want it open a bit wider.
4. You've been falling asleep in the car on the way home from school. It is an instant -- and deep -- sleep wherein you want to be held on the couch before settling into dinner. You press you cheek into my chest and mumble a shoe removal request before slumbering for a few, blissful, moments.
5. "I love you so much too, Mom. Is tomorrow a hang out day or a school day?"